Tips for Time Management
Now that we’re a few weeks into the new year, it’s a great time to reflect on time management. Are you making the most out of your day? Here are 10 tips to help students manage their time. Parents, you may find some benefit to these tips too!
- Create a master schedule for yourself
- Use a planner to help look ahead to due dates
- Set goals for each work session. (Example: from 9-10am I will complete my personal narrative)
- Start projects early
- Create a project plan or checklist- outlining the small tasks with the big project
- Work on one thing at a time
- Study in shorter sessions—it is okay to take breaks and study for 45minutes at a time and then take 10-15 minute brain breaks
- Start early in the day when your brain is fresh
- Get sleep! Students need 8-10 hours of sleep each night.
- Post goals and schedules in a common area, so everyone can discuss them.
Time-management is something that is a continuous work in progress, even as adults. Our Personalized Education Coaches and Course Instructors are here to help our students develop tools to manage their time effectively, so they are prepared for the future.